Friday, February 24, 2017

Feature Author Friday: K D Grace


About K D Grace
About K D Grace/Grace Marshall Voted ETO Best Erotic Author of 2014, and a proud member of The Brit Babes, K D Grace believes Freud was right. In the end, it really IS all about sex, well sex and love. And nobody’s happier about that than she is, otherwise, what would she write about? When she’s not writing, K D is veg gardening. When she’s not gardening, she’s walking. She walks her stories, and she’s serious about it. She and her husband have walked Coast to Coast across England, along with several other long-distance routes. For her, inspiration is directly proportionate to how quickly she wears out a pair of walking boots. She loves mythology. She enjoys spending time in the gym – right now she’s having a mad affair with a pair of kettle bells. She loves to read, watch birds and do anything that gets her outdoors. KD has erotica published with Totally Bound, SourceBooks, Xcite Books, Harper Collins Mischief Books, Mammoth, Cleis Press, Black Lace, Sweetmeats Press and others. K D’s critically acclaimed erotic romance novels include, The Initiation of Ms Holly, Fulfilling the Contract, To Rome with Lust, and The Pet Shop. Her paranormal erotic novel, Body Temperature and Rising, the first book of her Lakeland Witches trilogy, was listed as honorable mention on Violet Blue’s Top 12 Sex Books for 2011. Books two and three, Riding the Ether, and Elemental Fire, are now also available. K D Grace also writes hot romance as Grace Marshall. An Executive Decision, Identity Crisis, The Exhibition, Interviewing Wade are all available.

Where to Find K D Grace

Where to purchase K D Grace’s Books

Any upcoming release dates
Toys for Boys just released. http://kdgrace.co.uk/books/toys-for-boys/



Q & A

(Q) What inspired you to start writing?

(A) I can't remember a time when I've not written. My mom read to me lots as a little girl, and I think a lot of the magic of telling and sharing stories was impressed upon me from that experience. Now it's me telling the stories.

(Q) What are you currently working on, if you can tell us about it?

(A) I'm working on a contemporary romance called In Training at the moment. It's a story of a PR stunt that turns on its creator, who has set up a reality TV show to showcase a company that makes gym equipment and finds herself the unintentional guinea pig in her own stunt.

(Q) Which book do you think of as your best work?

(A) As far as my more erotic books, I'd have to say The Pet Shop. As far as my more romantic books, I think it's a toss-up between Interviewing Wade and The Tutor.

(Q) Do you have a favorite book that you have written?

(A) Probably to date, In the Flesh, though the sequel, Blind-Sided, is coming out late this spring and I think it's even better.

(Q) Who is your favorite of the characters you created? Why?

(A) Either Tino from The Pet Shop, because he is so raw and conveys so much with no words at all, or Alonso, my vampire from Landscapes and In The Flesh because he is so deliciously conflicted and full of old world charm.

(Q) Who of the characters you created do you like the least? Why?

(A) Probably the character I like the least is Tally Barns from An Executive Decision. I don't mind that she's an opportunistic bitch. Lots of characters are that and they can still be likeable. Mostly she is unlikeable because she is, at her core, a petty person.

(Q) Who is your favorite author?

(A) That varies from time to time. I adore Diana Gabaldon and her Outlander series. At the moment I'm having a delicious love affair with Pippa DaCosta's SciFi and urban fantasy novels.

(Q) What is your favorite book?

(A) Till We have Faces by C.S. Lewis a powerful retelling of the Psyche and Eros myth.

(Q) What is your favorite series?

(A) It's a toss up between Gabaldon's Outlander series and DaCosta's Veil series.

(Q) What would you like your readers to know about you that is not in your bio?

(A) I'm fascinated by Medusa. While it's common knowledge that I am doing a series called Medusa's Consortium, it's not so common knowledge that I wrote a burlesque play about Medusa called Eye of the Beholder.